Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dreaming up a Sandwich

Have you ever had a dream where you ate something? I never do but I did last night and I can even remember what it was like biting into it and the crunch. This is a description of what I ate:

- Toasted wheat bread
- Bed of lettuce
- Layer of Gouda cheese, cream cheese, or some soft cheese
- (this next layer is the part that I'm not sure if my dream really had it or not...I'll have to try it w/ and w/o in real life. Or maybe use Nutella instead.)
Ginger cookie or a thin piece of hardened, crispy, lacy, sugary, caramel or something like that.
- Strawberry or grape jelly (it was grape in the dream)
-Then the top piece of toast, cut in half and eat.

It was the cool "specialty" sandwich at this imaginary restaurant Liesl and I ate at in my dream. It was sooooo good in my dream. I'll have to make this strange sandwich to see if my dreams have real meaning. I'll repost a month or so from now (after the move) when I buy a new jar of jam and test out this dream sandwich.

8 comments:

LieslPie said...

The funniest thing is that you are going to make this imagined sandwich. it's crazy that you remember so many specifics. i'd try it though...you should open a restaurant and call it "Dreamwiches". maybe more items for the menu will come to you in your sleep.

janice neal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janice neal said...

Are you so hungery that you dream it (food)? Do I need to send money?

Jana said...

Haha! I don't know why I remember the food part so vividly. It is strange for me because I don't even think about food very much while I'm awake. I think what I was really dreaming about I didn't include in my post: hanging out with Liesl. Even still, I must have gone to bed hungry or something!!!

LieslPie said...

janice can send me money if she's sending money. haha just kidding

Jana said...

Not kidding! I'll take some lunch money too!!!

Emily-Hazel said...

wow. That's quite a delectable creation. I'll try it sometime. Have you yet?

Jana said...

I plan on trying it out once I'm all moved. I'll be sure to let you know how awesome (or gross) it is!