Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What a pleasant surprise!!!


My parents called me up on Tuesday, Dec 1st to ask what I thought about a visit. "OF COURSE!!!" It was so exciting because my dad booked the tickets that very day and they arrived the following day.

Much like when Matt's Mom visited in October, it is really exciting to show your parents the hospital /birthing center we're using, our little set up we have in our apartment, and how my belly is growing in real life. It's wonderful to have such a supportive family and loving parents. Matt and I were really proud to show Dad and Mom around Boston College and around town. We were so happy (we actually felt spoiled) they were able to come out and visit with us....even though that meant they were sleeping on aero-beds in the family room and here just in time for arctic cold weather and snow!


(My Mama and my Papa at "The Breakers", a beautiful mansion we toured in Newport, RI.)


(In the woman's restroom at The Breakers....Leave it to me to take a picture in the bathroom yet to forget my camera the majority of their visit! She sure looks cute in this bathroom though!)


(Mom and I made a wreath which is now hanging on my apartment door. Ok, Mom did all the hard work which is why my wreath looks good.)



6 comments:

LieslPie said...

i'm glad at least mom and dad got to see you while you were pregnant. i'm just going to have to miss out in real life. but you didn't see me pregnant either. too bad we live so stinkin far apart.

Jana said...

I came out for one of your baby showers and got to see you prego...I can't remember how far along you were though. I remember feeling baby kicks on your belly.

The bummer was that I couldn't make it out immediately after the twins were born b/c I was soon to leave my job, move, and then a trip to Brazil.

Jana said...

It IS too bad we live so "stinking far apart". It does make these things quite tricky. Not to mention you still have those twins to take care of!

Megan said...

i second that.

Missy said...

It's so good to see your parents, even if it's just thru photos! That's awesome they got to come out and see your cute, prego belly.

Opp Family said...

How fun!!! I'm sure your parents weren't too disappointed with the aerobeds - those things are comfty!