Last weekend we had our first visitors in Boston. The surprise part is that Matt had NO IDEA that his grandmother was joining his mom on her weekend visit in Boston. Personally, I had to avoid talking about specifics for the weekend to ensure I wouldn't slip up and spoil the surprise.
Janice and Nana are expert travelers as they drove from Chattanooga to Atlanta then flew from Atlanta, with a short layover in NYC, and arrived in Boston. It was very exciting to pick up these fancy ladies at the airport! After a quick driving tour through campus, the three of us went back to the apartment and came up with the "surprise game plan". You see, Matt was still in class and hadn't gotten home from school yet... So ...when Matt called to let me know that he was on his way home, Janice and I walked to meet him half way leaving Nana to hide out in the apartment. When Janice, Matt and I arrived back to the apartment, Matt walked into the family room and Nana jumped out from the corner and WHAT A SURPRISE! I think we all were laughing for at least an hour after that.
We lucked out with beautiful weather that weekend so we were able to explore Cambridge, the Charles River, Downtown Boston and the Italian District. We also took a closer look at the beautiful buildings on the campus of Boston College.
We spent another day with a beautiful drive up the north shore through the fall foliage to Rockport, MA and walked through this charming town called Bear Skin Neck. Beautiful views, lots of shops, and a lobster and chowder lunch...Perfect! Come again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i wish i could have seen matt when he got surprised.
Matt you are definately out numbered by beautiful women!! You lucky guy.
Oh so fun! Lol... is Nana anything like Janice in spunkiness? What a hoot!
Post a Comment