Sunday, April 12, 2009

scrub da floor!


The past three days I've become obsessed with getting my kitchen floors clean.  I've mopped, scowered, and scrubbed too many times to count but nothing was really getting the decades of dirt off these floors.  Recently I got a tip from my cousin who also lives in a pre-war building.  She was battling this very same problem and found that steel wool did the trick.  

(You might have to get the right angle on your computer screen to see the contrast in the following pictures. In person the clean to dirty difference is disgustingly dramatic.)


I am only about a quarter of the way complete but I am too sore to continue.  
At this pace I might be done a month from now but it will be worth it!

7 comments:

LieslPie said...

thank you for posting a picture. i really wanted to see how bad it really was. that looks so much better. that dirt would have totally bugged me too. i love "stainless steal wool" hahahahahahahahahahahah.

Crafty Lady said...

Move over Martha! What an amazing difference all that scrubbing made. A terrible task though.

Kristin said...

Impressive power in your elbow grease!

aubreyannie said...

yo. come and clean my kitchen floors. i would love you forever.

Emily-Hazel said...

It looks good. Nice work!

janice neal said...

Hey jana tell brent wAY TO GO .i SAW THE FINISH LINE ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!JANICE YEA !!!!!

Tara said...

It looks great! It was so fun having you guys in town and I can't wait to see your post!