I was able to spend last week in Philly and visit Megan, Ryan, Cora, Krister and Sheri! It was a great trip and so much fun.
(Anderson siblings Krister, Jana, and Megan pictured below.)
I took the bus from Boston, stopping in NY, and then on to Philly. It was a breeze and cheep too. I also tried out Philly's commuter rail which stopped really close to Megan's place.
Megan and I completed phase one of our "extreme condo makeover" in just about 5 days. All we have left to do is a little more work on the kitchen and from there on out it's just the fun and easy extras to make the place even more cozy. A little more cleaning (as Megan had already done the hard cleaning), removal of excess wiring and stripped screws, re-arranging funiture, hanging pictures and art, new drapes and rod hung, some painting, lots of new lighting, new ceiling light fixtures installed, and the place feels fresh and like home! YAY!

Megan will have better before and after pictures of the condo as my pictures don't do the space or our work justice.





Mingled in with our condo project we were able to have a lot of fun. Play time with Cora, hanging out at Megan's place, exploring the area, the best philly cheese steak and hoagie ever, pumpkin water ice with vanilla custard at Ritas, dinner at Krister's house with Uncle Blaine, Aunt Kathy, cousin Heidi, and Mike!


(Anderson siblings Krister, Jana, and Megan pictured below.)
I took the bus from Boston, stopping in NY, and then on to Philly. It was a breeze and cheep too. I also tried out Philly's commuter rail which stopped really close to Megan's place.Megan and I completed phase one of our "extreme condo makeover" in just about 5 days. All we have left to do is a little more work on the kitchen and from there on out it's just the fun and easy extras to make the place even more cozy. A little more cleaning (as Megan had already done the hard cleaning), removal of excess wiring and stripped screws, re-arranging funiture, hanging pictures and art, new drapes and rod hung, some painting, lots of new lighting, new ceiling light fixtures installed, and the place feels fresh and like home! YAY!

Megan will have better before and after pictures of the condo as my pictures don't do the space or our work justice.





Mingled in with our condo project we were able to have a lot of fun. Play time with Cora, hanging out at Megan's place, exploring the area, the best philly cheese steak and hoagie ever, pumpkin water ice with vanilla custard at Ritas, dinner at Krister's house with Uncle Blaine, Aunt Kathy, cousin Heidi, and Mike!



9 comments:
I love this light in the babies room, the color in the bathroom, the mobile, and other ceiling light and krister holding cora. sooo cute. you guys did such good work. Can I be the next "extreme makeover"?
awesome post jana. i especially like the picture taken DURING church...haha. Thank you so much. You really made me like living here better. I still think of you like I did when you would drive to Perimeter Mall in High School. lol. I can't wait to see your place in person now.
And Liesl, by the way, you don't need "extreme makeover." I love your place.
ps. i love how we are all pretending to cook in the first picture.
Adorable niece Jana! How fun that you live closer to some family. That does look cool, you always had a decorator in you, it must run in the family.
yay, jana! nice job, girl. i love the baby's room..love that light fixture. i can't wait to see before and after pics..will they be on megan's blog??
i remember Krister. i used to live down the hall from him.
Megan did take some before pics so if they get posted they will be on her blog. I love the light fixture we chose for the babies room too! We were so excited!
I love seeing you and your siblings together - so fun!
I'm so glad you are taking advantage of being out east! How fun to be closer to family. Every time we visit Darran's parents in Maryland we go to Rita's...at least a couple of times. Yum! We love it!
Post a Comment